A highlight of Rococo
The small cabinet lies on the ground floor of the main building and was part of the electress' intimate garden apartment. This tiny cabinet is the only one of the palace's more than 500 rooms that has survived in almost original condition. The architect from Lorraine, Nicolas de Pigage (1723–1796), not only supervised the construction of the royal library's interior, but also was responsible for this enchanting private cabinet, created between 1755 and 1757. Despite its over-elaborate decoration, the room feels very harmonious and balanced.