The Guard Hall
In the 18th century, the Guard Hall served as the first antechamber and was named for the guards who watched over the ruler. Grand Duchess Stéphanie von Baden also used the hall as an antechamber. The tapestries on the walls were replaced with wood paneling. The impressive stucco ceiling, designed in the newest French fashion by Carlo Pozzi in 1725, was reconstructed from castings between 1969 and 1970. The reproduction of a large table from the royal library is now the central exhibition piece, surrounded by original instruments from the famous court chapel of Mannheim.