The first antechamber
In the 18th and 19th century, the imperial apartment was entered through the first antechamber, where the watch was stationed. In the time of the prince-electors, tapestries depicting the twelve months hung on the walls. Since 1806, tapestries depicting farm scenes in the style of David Teniers the Younger from the period around 1735 decorate the room. They are among the original furnishings of the palace from the 18th century and were repurchased from the House of Baden in 1995. Its former use as a dining room by the Grand Duke Carl and Grand Duchess Stéphanie von Baden, the adoptive daughter of Napoleon Bonaparte, is commemorated by the ceremonious silver table setting.