From the staircase, a double-leaf door leads into the magnificent Knights' Hall. Of the four doors arranged on the short side, two lead into the adjacent apartments. The two other doors are false doors, serving only to provide symmetry – typical of the Baroque age! Five window axes looked out onto the palace gardens which are no longer there. The Knights' Hall was largely destroyed during the Second World War and was reconstructed after 1947. Its monumental qualities continue to impress today.