High point of the Rococo
The small cabinet is located on the ground floor of the Main Building. As the only one of more than 500 palace rooms, this small cabinet has been preserved in its original state. Lorraine master builder Nicolas de Pigage commissioned this enchanting private cabinet to be made between 1755 and 1757. Despite its excessive opulence, the room appears very harmonious and balanced.